Finale 26.2.2 MusicXML Updates
March 3, 2020 | by Michael Good
Today MakeMusic released Finale 26.2.2 and an updated Dolet 7.5 for Finale plug-in.
The MusicXML improvements for both Finale 26.2.2 and Dolet 7.5 for Finale include:
- Text in the JazzText, Broadway Copyist Text, and Finale Copyist Text fonts now exports more accurately, especially for codas, segnos, and metronome marks.
- The Scale Expression with Attached Note setting is supported during export.
- Staff style changes in the middle of the first measure are now exported.
- Positions of text repeats at the end of multimeasure rests export more accurately.
- Metronome font information is now exported.
- Hyperlinks for measure-attached text blocks are now exported.
- Accent articulations in a text font are now exported as accents.
- Hidden smart shapes are no longer exported.
- Hidden clefs now export as hidden.
- Hidden time signatures at the start of a part now export as senza misura.
- Parts with no visible clefs are now imported without clefs displaying.
Finale 26.2.2 also includes MusicXML export of exact slur positions.
These improvements are part of MakeMusic’s work on an upcoming digital sheet music sharing and practice solution. Finale product manager Jon Tschiggfrie interviewed me for a recent post on the Finale blog on “the life and times of MusicXML.”
We hope that you find the improved MusicXML support will make moving your music files between applications even faster and more accurate than before. If you have issues using the MusicXML in Finale 26.2.2 or in using the Dolet plug-in, please let us know in the Finale portion of our Help Center. If you are a music notation software developer and find a problem with MusicXML 3.1 in your development work, please post an issue at the MusicXML GitHub repository.