We are happy to announce that Version 8.0 of our free Dolet® for Sibelius plugin has been released today! The Dolet 8 for Sibelius plugin lets you export MusicXML 4.0 files from Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5 and later. The plug-in has also received a thorough updating to take advantage of new features added to Sibelius’s ManuScript programming language over the past several years.
We believe this updated plugin will make it easier for people to transfer their music from Sibelius into SmartMusic, Finale, and other music notation apps. Our previous version 6.6 was released nearly six years ago, and thus only exported MusicXML 3.0 files.
You can download the plugin from our Dolet plugins download page. You will need a free account at our MakeMusic site to download the plugin.
There are over 50 new features and fixes available in version 8.0 compared to our previous version 6.6 release. Here are 10 of the highlights:
- Concert scores now export transposition information, including alternate clefs for transposed parts.
- Concert scores with octave-transposing parts such as guitar and piccolo now export correctly.
- Cross-staff notation is exported starting with Sibelius 2021.9.
- Dynamic parts can be exported all at once using the new Export Parts to MusicXML menu item.
- Page-aligned text is now exported, except for headers and footers.
- Many more standard symbols are now exported.
- System directions export with the system attribute, providing better results when creating parts from an imported score.
- Text that mixes dynamics or musical symbols with words now export correctly.
- Metronome marks with numeric ranges now export correctly.
- Batch export no longer prompts for saving after each file.